Back in October, her class went to the Kenner Fire Department to learn something else, if there is a fire then get out of the house.She is the cutest hero I've ever seen.
Cloe was listening and learning, and it came in handy. Early Wednesday morning (2/17), the stove in her home caught fire setting off the smoke alarm. That's when little Cloe sprang into action.
Cloe's mom, Shone Arceneaux, said the 5-year-old jumped out of bed and ran to her blind grandmother's room and told her to get out of the house.
Once she was out of the house, Cloe made sure her grandmother and dog were ok before running door to door looking for water to pour on the fire.
When Arceneaux returned from bringing her older children to their carpool stop nearby, Cloe brought her the news.
Kenner Fire Department Chief John Hellmers said thanks to this little girl paying attention on a field trip, tragedy was avoided.
Kids today! Get ON my lawn!
[H/T to Elle.]