This recipe can easily be made without using chicken. It's also really good as cold leftovers the next day!
Feta, Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
* 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 8-oz jar julienned sun-dried tomatoes, drained (rinsed as well, if packed in oil)
* 1 14-oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
* appx 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
* 4 cloves garlic, crushed
* 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled (get sun-dried tomato & basil feta if you can find it!)
* salt & pepper
* 1 cup heavy cream + more for preference
* 3/4 - 1 lb capellini (or angel hair) OR penne
--In large, heavy skillet, cook chicken over med-high heat in olive oil and half of garlic and until cooked through. Add in tomatoes, rest of garlic, basil, and artichoke hearts. Mix all together and saute for a few minutes until basil wilts. Add in cream and feta cheese, turn heat down to low and let simmer. Stir occasionally while pasta cooks.
--Make pasta according to package directions. Drain well when done.
--Mix pasta into sauce and season with salt & pepper. If it isn't saucy enough for your taste, add in more cream to get to your preference. Let sit for a minute or two before serving.
If you'd like to participate in Shaker Gourmet, email me (include a link to your blog, of you have one) at: shakergourmet (at) gmail.com