Simply put, John McCain has all but stood up and said "I will give you the exact same thing that Bush has given you," during his topsy-turvy road to being the GOP nomination for President. Plus, he has proven that things like stopping torture and global warming - two issues he has taken very firm stands on in the past - are things he will vote against when it counts and then go on saying he's a supporter.
Basically, John McCain is an older, more war-worshiping version of George W. Bush, and has made it clear that he believes the U.S. is headed in the right direction.
So if you like the major headlines of today, April 8, 2008, vote for John McCain:
- Petraeus calls for halt to Iraq troop pull out
- Al-Sadr Threatens to End Cease-Fire
- Pending home sales index falls 1.9% in February
- Fed concerned about prolonged and severe economic downturn
- Medical Errors Costing US Billions
- Defiant Iran expands nuclear operation
- Israel holds emergency drill amid attack worries
- Five U.S. troops killed in Iraq
The 2008 U.S. Presidential election comes down to one simple thing - if you read the above stories and think the last eight years have made the U.S. a better place, then let John McCain win. It's just that simple.