After the jump- The Spoilers. If you haven't watched Season Three do not read unless you really really really need to know.
I transcribed this passage quickly so excuse any errors.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. We gave Battlestar Galatica executive producer Ron Moore about 420 to tell us what this Last Supper-esque photo of the BSG gang hints at for season 4 of his space drama.
1. President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) Of the cancer-afflicted Roslin, Moore will say just this: “She’s burning something of importance that had to do with a plot turn midseason.”
2. Natalie (Tricia Helfer) A new version of the Cylon Number Six will emerge this season. Explains Moore: “She assumes a leadership position for a group of Cylons [that have] a separate agenda from the rest of them.”
3. Saul Tigh (Michael Hogan) For the XO who just realized he’s a Cylon, says Moore, “you might literally take the composition in terms of Tigh turning a blind eye.”
4. Lee Adama (Jamie Bamber) This brooding (Judas-like?) former pilot is still in his civilian suit. “He does not return to flight status, “says Moore.
5. Gaius Baltar (James Callis) & Number Six (Helfer) Even though Baltar seemed to be on a savior track, “that’s not really what the story is about, “explains Moore. “Baltar’s Six has proclaimed that she is delivering the gospel of the (Cylons’) one true god, so it seemed natural to place her at the center of the photo.”
6. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) & Samuel Anders (Michael Trucco) The presumed-dead Starbuck returned at the same time her husband, Anders, discovered he’s a Cylon. So that complicates their relationship, no? “It does,” says Moore, “but [note] that the only one embracing Starbuck is Anders.”
7. Galen “The Chief” Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) “The Chief does not have a pleasant time of it this season, “says Moore of how Tyrol deals with his discover that he too is a frakkin’ toaster. His child with Cally would seem to be the second human-Cylon hybrid and hints Moore, “one should consider the knife in his hand in that context.”
8. Sharon “Athena” Valerii (Grace Park) & Karl “Helo” Agathon (Tahmoh Penikett) This unholy Cylon-human couple is looking warily at someone across the table, but Moore won’t say whom. “The person they’re looking at is definitely reacting.”
9. William Adama (Edward James Olmos) Though the admiral and the president are as far apart as possible, says Moore, “they’re also turned toward each other.”
10. The Missing Figure. Someone is indeed absent from the table admits Moore: “We have not yet revealed the final [unknown] Cylon.” Does that mean the people already at the table aren’t the final Cylon? Moore laughs, “you ferreted that our pretty slyly. I didn’t really want to give that away.”
-- Adam B. Vary Entertainment Weekly.
Cross-posted at Petulant Rumblings. H/t to Icaia.